The Last Letter

01:18

You seem fine these days, I’m just glad I could still watch you from far away. I pretended to go home first just to see you one last time every day. I was looking at your eyes before you noticed and I turned away. And I still can’t forget you, someone who made my sky turns gray. I still remember the starry summer sky when you said goodbye, as well as the sparkle in your eyes. How I denied reality, how I ran away, I am a loser a person could become.

Every time we talk, we’re just gonna fight again and I can’t stand to bother you more. If only I can speak to you one more time, but you were gone and I just can’t think straight. So, I wrote this letter with the things that left unsaid in my head, hoping you will read it, hoping you will not care a bit.

It’s been some time since I last met you, I can’t find you anywhere. If only I can speak to you one more time, I’ll be okay. Since that day, I've been having problem sleeping. Not because I can’t fall asleep, but because I always had a dream about you every night and every morning I woke up to, I’ll be missing you.

I think I've been losing my balance ever since. Like this very afternoon, I fell in the classroom when I’m just walking. These heavy lids need some serious sleeping but I don’t want to miss you again, I don’t want to dream about you but I need to sleep. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

I hope you know I didn't want you to care, because it hurts to know how you break your promises. I just hope you still remember me and even though it is over for you, it is not for me.

a letter for you,
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »