Anais

02:24

Anais, are you okay?

I'm sorry, I think I've been running away from my dreams. I have to chase you from the start again, right from the beginning. I will run with all the strength I've left inside, even if it takes me 9 years or so. I just wanted to see you, even if it's the last thing I can do, I will still see you. So, wait for me, Anais, wait for me like I've been waiting for you.

When was the last time you cried? I forgot the last time I can actually understand you. What do you want from me? Every step I took feels like I was walking on a landmine. Do you want me to take off my mask for you? But, I can't seem to bring myself to worsen your problems. We are in ruins, and you should have noticed, but you didn't. Are you sleeping peacefully right now? Well, I am not, but thanks for making me more confused. Do you want me to continue on being like this? Do you want me to jump off a cliff? Do you want me to hang myself in my own room? I don't even know anymore. Was everything just another lie? Because if it is, you just murdered me again.

Are you okay? Because I am certainly not.
Sweet dreams, Anais.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »