Charm

19:25

I may not have been a grown man yet
Despite all the thoughts running in my head
Every complicated sentences I might have said
The lies I told without breaking any cold sweat

I may not even have been a teenager yet
Still trying to paint the world with my ideal palette
Shuddering from pains and any kind of threat
Tuning my strings and seeking the right fret

I might still have been a little boy trapped in his delusions
Making stabs in the dark, coming up with my own conclusions
Blaming the inequity of life to my ineradicable mistakes
Paying for my sins to the heaven no matter what it takes

I might still have been a little boy
Falling into the charm of your idiosyncrasy
It's not a curse, just this wizardry of love
Only to the future, I would be able to plea

a chickadee in love with the sky,
Andri Kurniawan



You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »