Maiden in Love

23:22

Within the rapid and endless flow of time
She dips in both of her feet to play along
One can hardly picture a woman's paradigm
So she asked herself on how to be strong

Her reflection is as unwavering as her emotion
Though I didn't feel cold at all, I still shiver
If only she can see the look in her eyes
I would take her hands to the end of every river

Because what makes the flower bloom?
What forces the sun to set in the evening?
What does last from the lights of a firework?
My dear, the moments are what I'm speaking

Nothing is more beautiful, I believe
If her worries and doubts are for me to relieve
And all the suicidal ideas she didn't mean to conceive
How I wish for the tears I'd be able to retrieve


a paper boat in your sea of paper mache,
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »