Skyward

22:14

Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining
As long as the sun we hold keep on shining
Believing in rain, you keep from sheltering
Your unheard steps remain unfaltering
Until the storm took you, fast like lightning

I close my eyes just to find out raindrops got in
Through the roof enforced with pride and sin
I am not innocent, yet you share me your umbrella
If I can ever repay you, it's with the wind to Valhalla

Sing, Brave One, because that's what you taught me to do
The world is now yours to admire from a heavenly view
Keep on singing and if our lines are meant to overlap again
I'll be sure to call you my brother like I supposed to by then

Like a comet, kindness knows no bound
And like stars, your light is yet to be found
But I know, I have always known
You will reap what you have sown

Let the moon rise with you, skyward

a rocket to the moon,
Andri Kurniawan



You Might Also Like

1 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »