Life's A Myth

00:31

If I were to say that I have seen leprechauns, would you believe me? They try to fulfill everyone's wishes, hoping to satisfy each and single one of them. Partaking in mischief, trying to protect their pot of gold, even though it's always there at the edge of the rainbow. In the end, all they needed was their own freedom.

If I were to say that I have seen vampires, would you believe me? They live by leeching on another people, spilling their blood like it was just water. They'll act humble in the light, but when the darkness comes don't even hope you'd survive staying with them. They might even turn into another kind of creature when you look away.

If I were to say that I have seen fairies, would you believe me? Because the littlest kindness is actually hard to see. Sometimes they would be flying around you, yet you only notice the things tested and true. Still, they will be flying in your vicinity, turning little dreams into reality. All the sparkles and glitters, yet no eyes to see.

If I were to say that I have seen zombies, would you believe me? Because being dead inside means they are mostly not living. Trying so hard to chase what left inside humans, but was it brain or was it the feeling of being alive? And their feet would eventually give up on them, still they take hasty steps considering the numb.

are you a believer?
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »