An Unsent Letter #2

11:37

Dear Night,

By the time you read this, you're probably somewhere far away, wandering in the cold afternoon, playing with the snow. I'm doing fine... or whatever we used to call it, I'm not currently fighting the urge of my old habit. Don't ask about my love life, you know the best that it's just a constant cycle of getting it on and moving on. But, how exactly are you doing? I want to hear that, really.

I am worried. Well, I don't have anyone else to talk to, so I'm worried if it might be the same for you. I mean, trying to keep everything in place by yourself is hard, not to mention if we can no longer share it with anyone. No, don't worry about me, I'm just tracing back my footsteps. I hope you won't though, just find another way that is better for you.

Do you know that there's actually 4 kinds of love? I really like Greek's because they can capture love with these different terms perfectly. They said there's 4 kinds of love--agape, eros, philia, and so on--and they are all so different. Agape is the love that transcends, it's basically the love of God to its creation, and from its creation to God, but it can also mean as the love for everyone (selfless love). Eros is mostly the love of sexual passion, or should I say, intimate love. Philia is the love of affection between equals, like deep friendship, brotherly love or family. Now, I'm not really sure about the last one, some said it's pragma or the longstanding love (like between old married couples), some other said it's Philautia or the love of self, some even said there's completely six of them including Ludus or playful love. Fascinating, huh?

Well, sorry this turned a kinda bit long, I know you don't have much time for me. No, I'm not blaming you, I know how the day works and I'm not that stupid. Don't think too much, okay? Sometimes knowing will only hurt you more. Again, I'm writing this far away from you, so I'm not scared of being honest. Anyway, be fine.

Good Night,
Andri Kurniawan


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »