Random Night Post (Duality)

03:50

Whenever people ask me about my strengths and weaknesses, I always said to them "My strength is acknowledging my weaknesses, and my weakness is being fully aware of my strengths". It's because I don't really believe that there's something you can't actually do in this world, in the end we failed to achieve something because either we don't really put all of our heart into it or we just need more time and another try to be able to get to that point. And just to add, duality has always been my mentor's favorite subject to discuss about.

Black and white, yin and yang, life and death, and so much more. I believe at this point everyone had basically learned of this simple yet intriguing concept. Yet, there's so much we can learn and apply to our everyday life from this simple concept. I, for one, always try to use this concept to uphold my righteous senses, my guidance through major life decisions, and how I try to affect the people around me. Let's talk about the most common things, ever heard about tiny white lies? I imagine this as the little white dot (yang) inside the black (yin) area, this symbolizes even the evilest act you can possibly imagine always leaves a good purpose even though it's so little that no other can see it. This applies the other way around, take being a hypocrite for an example. Even with all the white surrounding you, you still have this one little black dot inside you just haunting you within your dreams. Even though you end up living a good life, the thoughts of achieving something good through a bad way will always make your life less enjoyable even a little.

Now, let's talk about love and relationship. Many people wonder about how to actually love someone truly, accepting them the way they are or wishing to help them be a better person? Even though the answer has always been so simple, and of course it's by balancing the both of them. Accept their flaws, even though they have bad habits, who knows those bad habits would someday save you or would just make your day. Help them chase their greatness, push them to the direction they really want to go to. It's that simple, but humans start to forget about simplicity in life.

I always try my best to do positive things, even though my negative thoughts would haunt me now and then. But I just went with it, I didn't fight over myself just because I'm depressed or anything. In the end, you can't rush finding balance, it just finds you when you're least expecting. Lastly, always remember the things that keep you warm may also burn you and things that can quench your thirst may also drown you. Carry on, besties.

enifton maion,
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »