Say Anything But Goodbye

02:31

By the time you read this, I would probably be asleep thinking about you, the late night conversations that we lately had, and the spaces between my fingers where yours should have been. To be honest, you changed me, I would never thought that I can be this defenseless. I never believed that I, who is more of a realist, would be brave enough to consider a certain dream where you will be waiting for me.

I'm just enjoying the breaths that I take, absorbing what's left of you while you're dozing off, and realizing how much can a person just complete you so. I would be dreaming about the future that we share, the little jokes that wouldn't stop making our heart race, and all the plans that we have made... if I hadn't been scared. It just weighs me so that the more you fall for someone and the more you get convinced to them, the more you'd be afraid of the reality to be taking them away from you. Sometimes, it's that ironic.

I want to fight my fears with you. Even though I would end up hurting myself, I just wanted to love you more than this. I don't know what spell you cast on me, I even loved your selfishness. In the end, this might sound like I'm daydreaming or that I am just that unsteady when it is about you. Anything can happen in the future and I don't know if I'm taking the right steps every time I try to get closer to you, but what I know is that... you made me a believer.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »