Dance of The Sugar Plum Fairy

22:50

I meet a sweet kid carrying some beets on the street
Her feet is bleeding, yet she keeps doing her deed
Not a fleeting moment to weep, is her creed
In the freezing winter, she creep up to greet the cold sheets

"I like to play in the snow," she told me
Losing warmth in my hands, I leave her be
In the midst of where nightlights were set free
Sleeping with loneliness with nothing to see

"I too, like to play in the snow," I thought to myself
Almost growing pointy ears like a winter elf
So I retrace my steps to where she stood tall
Her eyes are still glowing, looking over all

I light my match and we share the fire
Also the melodies of a heavenly choir
We dance through the night like a pair of lovers
My inner child grinned as he discovers

The morning comes and I lose sight of her
Like the taste buds leaving their connoisseur
So I try to reminisce the sweetness yet again
But all I can remember now was the pain

a nutcracker by the fireplace,
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »