Random Night Post (Chances)

01:11

The thing I hate the most nowadays is that when two people withstood the test of time, still going strong with only their love for each other, it's called "beating the odds". I mean, isn't that what you're supposed to do in a relationship from the first place? Aren't you supposed to last until the end of time? Yeah, saying it's rare these days is an understatement. People got divorced, broke up, stopped hanging out with each other... it's like an everyday's thing. What's wrong with that? Well, a lot, I'll tell you. I just don't know how to start.

Frankly, if you follow your little heart's voice now, people would just think you're stupid. I mean, with all the scams and tricks running around recently, it's good to be careful. But, personally I don't think you just have to stop trusting people like that. I've had my fair share, but I still try to believe in other people, in humanity. People deserve second chances, even third, fourth, fifth or whatever, people deserve to change. Though humans don't easily change or find enlightenment, everyone deserves living, maybe you just need to put yourself in their shoes first before realizing what they really needed. You do too, maybe we all do.

It doesn't have to do with anything, but lately I've been thinking about what I want in life for once. Usually, I just try to figure out the meaning of life; going places, talking to people, see what life has to offer. I literally don't know where I'm heading, I don't know if I even want to go the way I'm going, but I guess that's kind of okay...? I mean, none of us actually know where they were going, none of us actually remember how they even got here, life's like that, no?

Give everything chances, give them a chance until you can no longer give them one. Being hurt is just another process of living, hurting each other is just a prove that you were actually trying to understand, it goes both ways. Learn from the mistakes, live by your mistakes. It didn't stay to haunt you, it stayed to remind you of how nice things can be once you stop searching for mistakes and stumbled upon the greatness. Self-respect is overrated, don't be afraid of making a fool of yourself, because only then you will learn what you might have missed. But still, respect yourself enough to let go of things that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy. Carry on, Besties.

Enifton Maion,
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »