Prelude to the Universe

01:06

Again, we're spinning in circles like the cycle of day
Falling a hundred miles per second like a shooting star
Despite the black and white, we're still walking on gray
The sound of the third and fourth strings on my acoustic guitar

Winter ghosts are trailing me like the tail of a comet
Even if you made me warm, I would only freeze again
Or the ocean would scream back and the sun would plummet
The world will rotate back a little every now and then

Don't cry, because you're still the moon to my night skies
The eyes sprouting from the dark every time I told lies
A whistle of storm in the middle of my tragic demise
You're the reason I struggle to sing, as silence implies

I will remember you like the dates of a meteor shower
The safety of my outworn blanket I used to cower
The scent that lingers every time I plucked a flower
But again, falling three hundred thousands miles per hour

I would fall all over you again with the speed of light
Even to dance with the distant dark holes, I might
But to disappear in silver linings now out of sight
A big bang, and I mean a bigger bang, would ignite

You're the smell of biscuits that wakes me up every morning
The snow in my backyard that comes with no forewarning
The light of my unfathomable thoughts that tends to ascertain
Thank you, Love, until I can meet you with a smile again

"Itsuka egao de aeru sono toki made zutto kimi no yasashisa wasurenai."
- Wishing, Nishino Kana -

a night for you are a day,
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »