Calypso

01:10

Was it Ogygia
Or was it utopia?
When the ocean welcomes me as I open my eyes
And you stood there as the wind takes you by surprise

Was it the afternoon's air
Or was it the smell of your hair?
The fragrance of cinnamon fills my lungs
As cat, if there was any, got our tongues

Was it the time stopping for a while
Or was it the magic of your smile?
Your hazel eyes seems to paralyze my senses
Even with a sword in hands, I feel defenseless

Was it the butterfly from your garden of flowers
Or was it the sense of disrupted hours?
That got my stomach into this state
Even wrapped tight inside this armor plate

Was it you, o beauteous nymph
or was it my frozen lymph?
If I never get home, I couldn't care less
With you here, my life is a bless

the one drifting on the seas,
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »