Random Night Post (Cravings)

02:04

YAY IT'S JUNE!

Yeah, I love June, problem? Don't ask me why, though. I don't know either. I think it's because Hujan Bulan Juni by Sapardi Djoko Damono that I began to appreciate June's rainy days. Well, not just the rainy days, I think June has the best weather compared to the rest of the year. Do you know what's better than rainy days, though? Rainy nights. Best weather for sleeping? No, I stayed that shit all night just to listen to the sound of rain. I am weird like that.

Random question alert, if by Odin's magic you were given the chance to communicate with one object (dead, not living, not once living and now dead) what would it be? I think I'll be using my chance to talk with a park bench. But why? Why indeed, honestly I don't know. I mean, you could talk to an airplane and ask about how the entire world looks like from a bird's eye view. You could talk with the sea and ask about how deep the ocean goes, what's hidden under there, where does Poseidon actually lives, and other important stuffs. But, I just wanna chat with a park bench, I don't know. Maybe a couple made up or broke up there, maybe some dad was having a hard time telling his kid about the divorce, maybe a homeless man was once giving a lecture to a salaryman who just happened to pass by, maybe I was once there, just looking up at the sky, and the bench would ask me back instead. I am weird like that. 

If you've watched How I Met Your Mother (it's a good show, by the way, go watch it if you haven't), you'll be familiar with this quote. "It's one thing to not want something, it's another to be told you can't have it". I love Robin, I mean, like Robin, as a friend. Whatever, it's cool, I'm cool. Enough with the references. If there's ever an award for Most Painful Mistake Everyone Ever Made, being ungrateful of what you currently have would definitely be one of the strong candidates (don't ask about what the rest are about, number four will shock you!). My sister always hated seafood, but one time she was diagnosed with allergies for prawns. Surprisingly after that, she have never craved for prawns more than that time in her entire life. So she ate it, and she regretted it, I can tell because her face are turning red. Well, not just her face, her body too, she was itching all over. Anyway, better take care of what you still have, because time is a big meanie who likes to take anyone's toys. Carry on, besties.

enifton maion,
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »