Random Night Post (Mythologies)

04:38

LEGION XII FULMINATA!

If you can't already tell, yes, I love mythologies. Especially Greek, Roman, and Egypt. Let's talk about our favorite gods and goddesses, shall we? Ah, but before that, maybe I am going to start to try to write about some myths. I haven't done all my researches, but I want to try to make some poems based on a mythological character, because it looks fun and all. Now, about my favorite ones
Fenrir is the best, I'm not kidding, I love wolves and I love anti-heroes, what else can I say? Fenrir is the Norse God of Destruction (if I did remember correctly), he plays a huge part in the destruction of the world. Now, I didn't say I am into Norse myths, but that's because I haven't done my research about it yet. Norse myths are soooo deep and complicated, I need more time to understand about them. Nevertheless, Fenrir is best, some even link him with runic powers and all, making him more powerful when unbound.

Now, Hestia. If you are thinking about a loli goddess in a white one-piece, you're a weeb. Hestia is the goddess of hearth, family, and also architecture. Maybe you have heard her by her Roman equivalent name, Vesta. Contrast with the my favorite god, my favorite goddess is literally the symbol of serenity. What makes me love her, is the fact that not all fire burns, some warms you up and cooks your food, Hestia is that kind of fire.

Also, one more, Anubis. Yes, you might have heard of him here and there, sounds powerful and all, right? But, nah, Anubis is only a conductor of a one-way train heading to eternal death. Jackal-headed or not, Anubis is actually his greek name, his actualy Egyptian name would be Anpu (again if I did remember correctly). His roles are literally all about death, dood. Protector of the graves, embalmer, guide of the souls, and of course, weighing of the hearts. Who doesn't love death itself? Osiris is cool and all, but yes, Anubis is just...you know.

Now, I should stop before I can no longer stop, talking about this really excites me... I should get a job as a unicorn enthusiast or something, just something relating to myths. Anyway! Tell me about your favorite mythical deities if you have one, and then I would lecture you about other myths for at least one hour, I promise you. I'm going to learn how to write hieroglyphs now, so see you another fine night!

enifton maion,
Andri Kurniawan

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »