The New Embers

15:07

In the late midnight your flame rebirth, warmer and brighter than ever. I keep waiting for you waiting for me to get there in time. But I keep watching you afar, waiting for you to fall asleep, arrive there to wake you up just to say "Congratulation for growing a day older" and still appear and vanish like a part of a dream that you will forget when you woke up.

I will live like a plant to seek the sun in the day, and I will leave like an owl to the dreams realm in the night time. I keep praying while staring at the ceiling until the dawn came to kiss me good morning. I keep on writing things I wanted to show you, about the forgiving rain and the joyful rainbow. I will regret waking up from my consciousness, but I had a millions of sorry ready for you, flame princess.
I fell in love with the way you keep the embers, even though they are new we wouldn't let it die, would we? Live is never a promised story, earth is never a promised land, sun is never a promised friend. But if everything has been written down, why worry? I will still be a knight that swore for your name and you will still be a princess waiting to be saved.
"Happy birthday" came in a different way. "I am sorry please forgive me" came in a different story.







a story dreaming to be heard,
Andri Kurniawan.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »