Ye Olde Stormy Night

01:32

It’s 9 o’clock in a stormy night. Old trees, empty roads, a haunted school, a pitch-black sky. With only the sound and the light of thunders keeping you awake. I wasn’t scared at all, I couldn’t even feel anything. My eyes are playing trick on me, like they knew what are they doing. Yes, I’m still waiting for someone to carry me home. I could just turn away, run, and leap with an angel wing, but something about this place is keeping me alive.


Maybe it’s the storm that lit my way, I haven’t covered my ears yet at all. Scary is not the proper word to use this time…dead would fit more into my mind. But something about this place is keeping me alive, whatever it is, I decided to let them be.

“I’m leaving first.” Like I knew who is behind me from the beginning. I said that just to give a calm look to my face. Maybe he is just a shadow, maybe he is more than a nightmare. Leaving is harder than waiting, but I’m sick of getting tired. Busting out is the word tonight, I leave a cold cozy cage to find a warm-burned land.

Rainy Renegade
Light grey sky in the middle of the storm
Chills overrun my body with a howling wind
Like a miracle in the early stage of June
I felt a raindrop flowing through my skin

It was a balmy and blowing breeze
Hands in my pocket, it’s keeping me warm
A blessing that eradicate sins
Let’s walk in the rain cause it brings no harm

I feel a rain drops gently on my face
As my footsteps left the water a trace
Let’s wander in this heavy rain
And forget everything in my brain

A teardrop of a violet sky
Melancholy of the dissolving rain
I will stay staring at the sky
Rainy days, until I see you again









A friend of thunderbolts,
Andri Kurniawan.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Try These

The Alchemist
Veronika Decides to Die
The Zahir
The Pilgrimage
Rhapsody
Niskala
Winter in Tokyo
Autumn in Paris
Summer in Seoul
Sunshine Becomes You
Spring in London
Madre: Kumpulan Cerita
Perahu Kertas
Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
The Lightning Thief
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Sea of Monsters
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero


Andri Kurniawan's favorite books »